Day 21: A Beauty-Based Recipe
For a long time, I've been intending to post about home-made beauty products using things that most of us already have already the house...an easy and cheaper alternative to buying stuff, but I've just not got around to it (bad kitty, I know!!), so this is the absolute perfect excuse to do one!
Egg Face Mask and Moisturiser
This recipe was initially inspired by a video tutorial by Michelle Phan, but, as with a lot of recipes, hers didn't suit me or things that I had in my cupboards, so I tweaked it to suit my needs and such:
What you'll need:
- Image via Wikipedia
- One Egg
- Sugar (any kind, although I prefer Demerara)
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Two small bowls
Egg Yolk makes up the Moisturiser
- Crack open the egg, and carefully seperate the egg whites from the yolk, placing both in two different bowls.
- Take the egg whites, add a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel and a couple spoonfuls of Sugar. I use Demerara rather than typical sugar, as I found that the most commonly used sugars tended to dissolve in the mixture, defeating the purpose. Demerara has larger granules, that don't dissolve, making it perfect for getting into pores.
- Mix the ingredients together with a spoon or whisk if you prefer
- Once mixed together, apply to your face, focusing on the nose, forehead, cheeks and chin.
- Leave for 15 mins
- Wash off with tepid water, and pat dry with clean towel
- Lightly whisk the egg yolk (you could also add a little milk to the yolk if you want to)
- Apply the yolk to your face the same way that you would ordinarily apply a moisturiser
- Wash off, and again pat dry.
I highly recommend using this once a week.