Konad Special Set Review
Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I've done a blog, things have been so busy lately, and finally ended with my being ill just when I found the time to do some blogging...typical, I know! But, anyway, I thought I'd start with this awesome Nail Art set from Konad.
I'll be upfront here, and admit that this set was sent to me to try out, but I hope that by now you all know that I will always give my 100% honest opinion.
What comes in the set?
- 5 Large Special Polishes in White, Green, Red, Black and Pink.
- 1 Large Clear Top Coat
- Stamper and Scraper
- 5 Different Image Plates, each including seven designs
- 1 Pack of 30 Rhinestones
- Image Plate Holder
- Instruction DVD, so that you know exactly what to do!
Is it really that easy to use? Before I tried this set, I'd read and heard about how easy Konad Nail Art is to "master" compared to other types of finger art, which can be fiddly and practically require an Art Degree. But, I was still sceptical, because I have absolutely useless hand-eye coordination.
However, I didn't find it too hard to master, although practice definitely makes perfect,as I learnt how to do things better.
A Few Helpful Pointers
- You don't have to use the special polishes for these designs. I used a regular polish and they turned out just fine. Although they certainly seemed more prone to smudging, the special polishes smudged almost as much!
- Scrape across the image plate, with the Scraper,in one firm movement, in order to ensure as much excess polish is removed as possible.
- Don't hold the stamp down for more than a second, otherwise the polish will be transferred back onto the image plate.
- The best way of applying the design is in a sideways rolling motion. This is where practice makes perfect, in getting them exactly where you want them,and so that they don't smudge.
- Allow the designs to dry,just as you would any other polish, before applying a Top Coat. Applying the Top Coat too soon, could cause smudging.
Overall: Overall, I found this set to be a heck of a lot of fun to play with, and with 35 different designs across the five included Image Plates, I was seriously spoilt for choice. I'd never tried nail art before, because I bite my nails, but rest assured that this set made even my short nails look really cute, with my favourite look at the minute being black with white stars! I definitely intend to use this a lot in the future, and I feel so privileged to have been given the chance to try it out for myself!